More Bird-Related Thoughts

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Chief
Discord Handle: ChiefBigWeed#6739

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:32 pm

So now that there's finally an amazing use for raptors, I figure it's about time I raise this for potential consideration.

Falcons and goshawks, right now, are rather dirt-cheap in the pet store, despite the former being quite a heavy investment in the Husbandry line.
Which also makes sense, seeing how much patience and training goes into turning a falcon into a decent, reliable hunting companion.

However, at these prices, I figure it will be a virtually impossible market for players to use.
Horses are always in demand, whereas these birds make more of a luxury/specialty object (also need a high level Leatherworking glove to actually use).

With this in mind, could I suggest removing the trained/tame falcons/goshawks from the pet store - with only the breedable ones available.
This would open up a new market and actually incentivize people towards perhaps using Husbandry not for horses, wool, or produce - but also hunting sidekicks: Dogs and birbs.

Now I've not massively advertised this market aside from a few rumours and mentions IC, so I can't make full claims to how the market is, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn most people will just simply buy them from the store.

Just a thought - Let me know yours?

--EDIT-- : I'm actually quite pro raising the costs of all pets to make breeding them more inviting for aspiring breeders/trainers. Incentivize finding PCs over stopping by a relatively cheap store.

Taunya

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:10 pm

For those who don't know the NPC vendor prices:

[##] [Price ] Pets for sale:
[ 6] [    75] a blue-grey goshawk
[ 8] [   100] a peregrine falcon

I'd suggest perhaps doubling the cost from the NPC shop. There's reasons why they shouldn't be removed entirely from NPC shops

Geras

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 pm

The spiders should cost a billion gold.

• Information